Personal data (or data) is any information that is linked to and identifies you or any natural person. Personal data may also include health data, which may relate to the physical or mental health of a natural person.
We are dedicated to protecting your personal data in full compliance with all applicable laws, including GDPR, HIPAA and any national laws that may apply to MedicHome or your data. In case you have any concerns, do not hesitate to contact us.
In this policy you will be able to acquaint yourself with the following:
• What data we collect?
• How we collect your data?
• How we use your data?
• Whom we share your data with?
• How we store your data?
• What are your data protection rights?
• What are cookies?
• What types of cookies do we use?
• How to manage your cookies
• Privacy policies of other websites
• How to contact us
• How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data we collect?
• Your contact details and account details that you provide us when you subscribe to use MedicHome App and other profile information, such as:
• Your nameYour title
• Your address
• Your email address
• Your mobile telephone number
• Your username
• Your password
• Answers to security questions to check your identity
• Any personal description provided by you
• Any photograph provided by you
• Any personal interests provided by you
• Your communication preferences
• Any feedback or survey responses provided by you
• Biographical information, like date of birth, nationality, gender, marital status and dependants, professional background.
• If you are an HPC using the App, data about your professional background and experience, such as:
• Data you provide as part of using the App
• The data provided during the consultations with Patients
• Medical specialisation and competences
• Information about education and professional qualification and experience
• Location where you exercise your professionInformation about your medical team
• Information about your colleagues or contacts who may be contacted in case of emergency or to replace you in case of your unavailability to carry out a consultation
• If you are a Patient, data about your health and social background, including:
• Data you provide as part of using the App
• The data provided during the consultations with HCPs
• Details of your treatment and care, including any diagnosis, prescription, medical advice, comments and care plan from the HCPs
• Results of investigations, such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other
• Data about your ethnicity, sexual orientation, sex life, religious beliefs or opinion or genetic data where this is relevant to your care or is information that you have provided to HCPs as part of your consultations
• Data about your job occupation, and other personal or professional life
• Data about your relatives, like their contact details, relevant medical history if required by HCPs, and emergency contact information
• Data about your dependants or other relatives that you may seek an HCP consultation for
• Information about your use of MedicHome App or our website, including:
• Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browsers you use and data about the way you use our App and/or website
• Information that identifies the computer, mobile phone or tablet that you use to access our service. This includes your I.P. address, any unique device identifiers placed by us or our service providers, the unique identifier assigned by MedicHome to your computer, mobile phone or tablet
• Information about your use of the App, including the uniform resource locators (URL); clickstream to, through and from the MedicHome App and website (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs); methods used to browse away from the page
• Information about your use of MedicHome App or our website, including:
• History of access to the App
• Contact details when you contact us for client service support or otherwise
• Information stored on your mobile phone, tablet or computer that you choose to share with your HCP during your consultations
• If you are using a computer, tablet or mobile phone that has GPS/GPRS enabled, your location. This is very important so that we or the HCP can react in an emergency situation if needed. You can turn off the provision of location information to us at any time by adjusting the localisation settings in your device for the App
• If you provide us with feedback, we will use data from the feedback information and survey responses from you. This may include demographic information, such as where you live and your income, if you choose to provide it. It may also include your opinions about our services. We anonymise this information before we use it to improve our services.
* You can control your preferences related to data privacy in the settings of our App.
How we collect your data?
You directly provide MedicHome with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
• Search for our App
• Download our App
• Subscribe to the App
• Use the services and any other features of the App
• Subscribe to our newsletter or other alerts and notices through the App or through our website
• Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email
• Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
MedicHome may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
• When an HCP keeps or shares data related to a Patient in the App. HCPs shall ensure that such data is shared with the prior consent of the Patient or in compliance with the applicable requirements related to provision of healthcare consultations
• Patient’s insurers and other healthcare or social care organisations in order to comply with applicable laws or receive relevant information for disbursement of medical costs and expenses
• Other third parties if this is required by or deriving from an applicable legal provision
How we use your data?
MedicHome collects your data so that we can provide our services to you, including to:
• Process your subscription and manage your account
• Allow you to use our interactive features
• Store your preferences and allow you to access your history of chats and personal user area
• Present the content of our App in the most effective way for you
• Maintain and keep developing the App
• Monitor the performance of our App
• Provide client service support and send you or receive feedback
• Notify you about any developments, updates, and news related to MedicHome
• Send you marketing notices, if you have agreed with this
• Ask you for feedback, if you have agreed with this
• In order to keep improving the quality of our services, we may also use your data to create anonymous information that we can use to help develop and promote our services or provide to other organisations with an interest in our services
• Anticipate demand for our services
• Quality assure the services provided by HCPs
MedicHome may also use your data to comply with applicable laws, including to:
• Verify any signals or suspicions of breaches of MedicHome’s terms and conditions or policies, or applicable laws
• Deal with complaints, disputes, or legal claims, including between HCPs and Patients
• Deal with any public health risk if required by applicable law
• Comply with orders of public authorities
Some data we may process is sensitive data, including health data, sex, sex life, sexual orientation, genetic and biometric data, and others. We shall process such data provided that:
• You have given an express consent by accepting this policy and using our App, including by providing such data in the course of a consultation between an HPC and a Patient
• We need to process such data for any other legitimate reason in accordance with applicable law
In respect of health data, MedicHome may, in addition to the above, we may:
• Allow access to your health data to the HCPs that you wish to access such data
• Upon your consent, we shall anonymise and share your data with third parties for marketing, commercial, statistical, or general knowledge purposes
• An HCP may transfer your health data to another HCP within the App if this is being done with your consent or pursuant to an applicable legal provision
• We may use anonymised health data to further develop the technology we use and improve our services
• Scientific research, where we will explicitly ask you for your consent in advance unless we are required to provide such data by applicable law.
Whom we share your data with
To provide our services, we may share data with:
• HCPs, as regards Patients’ data. HCPs are responsible to comply with the highest ethical standards and all applicable legal requirements of the medical profession to protect the personal and health data of the Patients.
• HCPs, as regards data concerning other HCPs in order to promote collaboration between them
• Medical establishments, hospitals, laboratories, research centres, and other healthcare or social care practitioners and organisations if required and/or consented by the HCP or the Patient, or if necessary for any other legitimate purpose, in all cases in compliance with applicable law
• Our employees, partners, vendors, service providers that help us maintain MedicHome App and website, in order to keep providing our services to you, only to an extent strictly limited to the extent such data needs to be provided for the specific purpose
• Insurance companies and organisations if required and/or consented by the HCP or the Patient, or applicable law
• Public social and health care organisations and insurers, when required by applicable law or the HCP/Patient
• Pharmacies and similar when required and/or consented by the HCP or the Patient
We may also share personal data about the HCPs using MedicHome in order to promote their services and the App. Such information may include information that the HCP has provided in its profile, and its activity and rating at MedicHome. You may request us to scrutinise these settings for you in the App.
We may share on our website or App anonymised data related to the Patients in order to promote the usability of the App. We will apply the effort that such data remains anonymous when published.
We may also publish opinions and feedback of MedicHome users upon their consent.
With your prior request or consent, data can be shared with your relatives, or other persons you have confirmed to act as a carer or emergency contact for you. We will only share information once the person you have asked us to share the information with has provided us with proof of their identity.
In emergency or extraordinary situations, or if required by law, we may share data with the police, fire, ambulance, rescue services, and with other public protection, health, social care, and other competent public authorities, organisations, and establishments, or your relatives.
We may share information with any public authorities for the purpose of statistical records, when this is required by law.
We may share data with our professional advisors, including lawyers and accountants, if this is necessary to take and receive professional advice (including legal advice), or to bring or defend a legal claim or threatened claim. We will ensure such professional advisors respect the sensitivity and privacy of the data they may receive.
We may share data with our insurers and the insurers of other organisations where this is necessary to investigate insurance cover and to handle a claim or threatened claim.
We may further share data with individuals or organisations if we are legally required to.
If you have agreed to receive information about our services and offers or to process data for marketing and commercial purposes, we may share your data with marketing organisations. We shall make sure that we do not share personal data concerning your health, unless it has been anonymised or with your prior consent.
If you have agreed to receive information about the products and services of third parties that may be relevant to you, we may share information about them so that you can use their products or services if you wish.
Some external service providers that help us maintain the functionalities of the App may request that you provide some personal data to them, such as identity authentication or payment services providers. In such case, we will not store and process the data you provide to them. You shall read carefully such third parties privacy policies which shall apply in such cases.
How we store your data?
MedicHome securely stores and processes your data within the EU/EEA.
We will apply the high technical standards, including encryption and pseudonymisation, when we store and process your data. Any access to and processing of your data will be strictly limited to each time to the specific purpose of processing, as described herein. We apply technical measures allowing access to data based on no-name basis all times when linking the data to the person is not necessary for the specific processing purpose.
MedicHome will keep your personal data until: (i) you keep your subscription with us active; (ii) for a purpose of audits and applicable legal processes, five years after you end your subscription with us; or (iii) for any longer period if required by applicable law. Regarding health data, we shall keep such for a period (i) of 15 years (ii) or any shorter or longer period in accordance with the law applicable to such data or MedicHome (iii) or any longer period if needed for specific treatment purposes. Upon expiry of such applicable time, we will inform you at least six months in advance that we are going to delete your data. If you do not expressly request otherwise, we will delete your data. See in next sections what rights you have to request earlier deletion or limitation of processing of your data.
HCPs are responsible to take all appropriate measures and comply with applicable laws if they keep and store separately any data of Patients.
MedicHome would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our group companies:
• Boho Tech Ltd
• Ekom Digital EOOD.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop MedicHome from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the MedicHome Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
MedicHome would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
Every user of the App and website is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request MedicHome for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small administrative fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that MedicHome correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request MedicHome to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that MedicHome erases your personal data, provided that MedicHome may retain personal data:
• for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by law applicable to MedicHome for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in MedicHome;
• for reasons of public interest in the area of public health if:
• processing is necessary for the purposes of preventive or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment or the management of health or social care systems and services on the basis of applicable law or pursuant to contract with a health professional;
• processing is necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health, such as protecting against serious cross-border threats to health or ensuring high standards of quality and safety of health care and of medicinal products or medical devices on the basis of any applicable law;
In the above cases, personal data may be retained and processed when those data are processed by or under the responsibility of an HCP that is subject to the obligation of professional secrecy under applicable law or by another person also subject to an obligation of secrecy under applicable law.
• for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes, if applicable;
• for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
• for other purposes if required by applicable law.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that MedicHome restricts the processing of your personal data in accordance with applicable law.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to MedicHome’s processing of your personal data in accordance with applicable law.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that MedicHome transfers the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, in accordance with applicable law.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please reach out at our contacts provided in the "How to contact us" section further below:
You may regulate your privacy preferences at the settings section of the App
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
• Keeping you signed in.
• Understanding how you use our website.
• Help you maintain your choices when you return to our site and improve your user experience when you browse our site.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
• Functionality – MedicHome uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
• Advertising – MedicHome uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. MedicHome sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
MedicHome is the brand name of our telemedicine App owned by Ekom Digital ltd, Bulgaria, UIC: 203414282. We are responsible for the personal data we process in a safe and legally compliant manner, and for making decisions about how it can be used.
Call us at: +359877723987
Or write to us: [email protected]
Or write to us at: 245 Slivnitsa Blvd., Serdika Region, 1202 Sofia.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that MedicHome has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the supervisory authority in the country of your residence: